Hillside Caravan Park - COVID-19 Policy
Please ensure adherence to these park rules, in order to maintain the safety of staff and customers at all times. Breaches of these rules will result in you being asked to leave the park. These rules are subject to change as the restrictions are eased or tightened by the government, but remain in place until we inform otherwise.
- Please do not visit the park if you, or anyone you have been in contact with has displayed COVID-19 symptoms. Caravans cannot be used as a place to self-isolate, government advice should be followed which is to stay at home.
- Please call reception if you display symptoms of COVID-19 and return home immediately. Please do not visit reception.
- Please visit the public health England website for further guidance in relation to COVID-19: (https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus).
- Please ensure that you follow the 1m+ social distancing guidelines at all times.
- Please respect our staff and also adhere to the social distancing guidelines, especially when they are grass cutting or doing work on the park. If you see us, we would love to catch up with you – but from a safe distance!
- Please avoid social gatherings in groups larger than what the government permits.
- Do not congregate in any narrow areas of the park and adhere to any signage which is in place to keep the 1m+ social distances.
Track & Trace
- We are required by the government to maintain a record of who is on the park at all times and have their contact details logged. This information must be kept for 21 days.
- The names and contact details for the lead member of each group who visits the park may be used for these purposes.
- Communal areas remain closed.
- This includes the toilet/showers, washing and drying facilities and pot wash. If you do not have your own caravan facilities available, please call us as soon as possible to discuss your booking with us. All our pitches have water and drainage on the pitch, making it easier to use your own facilities. Some of our pitches also have chemical disposal on the pitch, please ask if you would like a pitch with this facility and we can allocate accordingly.
- The coffee lounge will remain closed along with the tourist information, book exchange and children’s games/activity sheets. Tourist information can be found on our website.
- The play equipment has also been dismantled and removed. We have put some badminton nets/football goals up so that children (and adults!) can play socially distanced games, however you will need to supply your own rackets/balls etc. Children are most welcome to bring their own play equipment and play on the large grassed amenity area, but we do ask that all equipment is cleared away when not in use.
- The shop will not be open or stocked so please remember to bring with you all of the essentials.
Reception and check in/out
- For check in, please report to reception and follow the social distancing queueing system in place. We ask that only 1 member of your party comes into reception for check in.
- Screens are in place at reception to avoid contact between staff and customers.
- On departure, please leave the keys in the departures box mounted on the wall outside reception.
- Reception will be staffed but we ask that you visit as infrequently as possible. If you do need anything, please feel free to call us on 01845 537349 – if there is something you need we are happy to deliver to you e.g. gas, toilet fluid etc.
- All bookings should be paid for prior to arrival. Any further payments needed throughout your stay must be paid for by card payment; cash will not be accepted.
- All accommodation and facilities are cleaned to the highest of standards using appropriate disinfectants, including any outdoor locations as needed.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided at key locations.
- Unfortunately, day visitors are not permitted to the park. Only persons included in your booking will be allowed on site.
- Please be respectful of the local community and maintain social distancing when using local businesses.
- We suggest that you pack essential shopping items such as hand sanitizer, soap, gloves, masks and disinfectant to lessen the pressure on our local shops.
- Please do not arrange supermarket deliveries to the park.
- The local pub (The Dog & Gun, Knayton) have been providing a takeaway and delivery service throughout the lockdown. They have an excellent reputation. Please check their facebook page to check the current services offered and to make an order.
Touring caravans and seasonals
- Please ensure your car, awning and caravan are all on the gravel hardstanding pitch in order to ensure sufficient spacing between customers.
- Please use the utilities on your pitch wherever possible.
- The chemical emptying points will remain open for pitches without this facility. Please use the hand soap/sanitiser provided at these areas.
- STRICTLY NO wipes or other objects should be put down chemical emptying points.
- No rubbish should be left on your pitch on departure.
- On returning to the site, you will need to flush through, clean and sanitise your water systems to remove any stagnant water and make safe before use.
- Shower heads especially need to be flushed through, holding it away from your face as you do so to avoid inhaling any spray.
- All camping pods are thoroughly cleaned between bookings; we are leaving additional gaps between bookings to allow for additional cleaning time and ventilation.
- All rubbish MUST be removed from the pods before leaving; please place in the waste bins adjacent to the pods and marked on the site map.
- No bedding or towels will be provided with any camping pods including in the Deluxe Mega Pods, so all guests must bring their own bedding and towels.
- The Deluxe Mega Pods will come with a cutlery pack which will be in a box on arrival. After using the cutlery/crockery pack, please wash and dry all items thoroughly and place back in the box and place outside your pod door.
- For Mega Pods which have pre-booked a cutlery/crockery pack, please follow the guidance above. No cutlery/crockery packs will be provided unless booked in advance.
- On leaving the camping pod, please leave all doors fully open. This is to ventilate the pod before our staff enter to clean the pod.
- No wipes or other objects should be put down toilets.
- Please leave the pods as clean and tidy as possible. This will really help to protect our staff.
- Granary cottage is thoroughly cleaned between bookings; we are leaving additional gaps between bookings to allow for additional cleaning time and ventilation.
- All rubbish MUST be removed from the cottage before leaving; please place in the waste bins marked on the site map.
- No wipes or other objects should be put down the toilets.
- Before leaving the cottage, please strip the beds and place all bed linen into a laundry basket which will be provided for you. Please put all towels into the laundry basket too.
- Please ensure that all kitchen items are washed and dried prior to departure.
- On leaving the cottage, please leave all doors fully open. This is to ventilate the cottage before our staff enter to clean.
- Please leave the cottage as clean and tidy as possible. This will really help to protect our staff.